We need freedom FROM religion.
Here are just a few excerpts of the Libertarian Party platform that David Koch ran on in 1980:
- “We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”
- “We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.”
- “We oppose any compulsory insurance or tax-supported plan to provide health services, including those which finance abortion services.”
- “We also favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry.”
- “We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”
- “We propose the abolition of the governmental Postal Service. The present system, in addition to being inefficient, encourages governmental surveillance of private correspondence. Pending abolition, we call for an end to the monopoly system and for allowing free competition in all aspects of postal service.”
- “We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.”
- “We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.”
- “As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately.”
- “We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”
- “We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.”
- “We condemn compulsory education laws … and we call for the immediate repeal of such laws.”
- “We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit.”
- “We support the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.”
- “We support abolition of the Department of Energy.”
- “We call for the dissolution of all government agencies concerned with transportation, including the Department of Transportation.”
- “We demand the return of America’s railroad system to private ownership. We call for the privatization of the public roads and national highway system.”
- “We specifically oppose laws requiring an individual to buy or use so-called “self-protection” equipment such as safety belts, air bags, or crash helmets.”
- “We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration.”
- “We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration.”
- “We support an end to all subsidies for child-bearing built into our present laws, including all welfare plans and the provision of tax-supported services for children.”
- “We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”
- “We call for the privatization of the inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.”
- “We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.”
- “We call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.”
- “We support the repeal of all state usury laws.”
In other words, the agenda of the Koch brothers is not only to defund Obamacare. The agenda of the Koch brothers is to repeal every major piece of legislation that has been signed into law over the past 80 years that has protected the middle class, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the most vulnerable in this country.
They’ve made no secret about what they want. And now, they can utilize their newly-defined right of free speech without limits to continue doing so…
Know your enemy.
This last election has shown us that presidential nominees need one wealthy donor to run a campaign. Sheldon Adelson singlehandedly bankrolled Newt Gingrich. Peter Thiel funds Ron Paul. Foster Friess kept Rick Santorum frothy with funds. Not to mention Karl Rove's American Crossroads PAC was a who's who of billionaire donors.
Overturn Citizens United. Campaign finance reform NOW!
With black gay men at the highest risk of becoming HIV-positive, having Douglas M. Brooks head the government’s response to the epidemic could be a game changer.
Bill O’Reilly is an entertainer posing as a journalist.
A Southern Republican congressman, speaking to BuzzFeed, on immigration reform.
"These people are different", the four scariest words in the South.
#racebaiting #bigotry #racism
"Look, not all Republicans are racist. I would never say that, because it’s wrong. But if you are a racist, nowadays you are probably a Republican." - Bill Maher
Sarah Palin, in a Facebook post.
Only Sarah can do that. Only Sarah can say what another person can do. Only Sarah can define and use her very own biased version of ‘race card”.
Unemployed Republican politicians say the darndest things.
She disgusts me on so many levels. I wish she’d just fucking go away.