The man who brought the world 2016: Obama’s America tries and fails to be funny on Twitter
Disgraced far-right polemicist and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza sparked an outcry on Twitter on Tuesday with a racist tweet comparing President Obama to Trayvon Martin. D’Souza eventually deleted the tweet, but here’s a screen grab via MSNBC’s Adam Serwer:
D’Souza, who was the president of the small evangelical school the King’s College until he was asked to resign after being caught engaging in an extramarital affair, is no stranger to controversy. His pseudo-documentary, “2016: Obama’s America,” while popular among right-wing audiences, nevertheless earned poor reviews and multiple charges of racism. The book on which the film was based, also by D’Souza, fared little better. It even garnered a negative review in the right-wing Weekly Standard.
Considering the source, then, D’Souza’s tweet is less than surprising. Still pretty terrible, though!
"Macklemore is the first contextually post-black pop-star rapper." NY Times
Look at this bullshit here. “Post-black”. Yeah…
"Post Black"… 😳
is this real life
People cannot be this idiotic
kill me now.
- Commented on how nerd women are an “under-utilized romantic resource” instead of, you know, human beings. The comment also manages to be exceedingly heteronormative and slut-shaming, and enforces the hierarchy of high maintenance/low maintenance, self-confident/beautiful but doesn’t know it. (“It was a joke. it was a bad joke, and I’m sorry I made it, but, in context, it is pretty clearly a joke.”)
- In the same video he shamed thin women / women with eating disorders and condemned those who’ve chosen to undergo cosmetic surgery “and then there’s the weird culturally constructed definition of hot which means that an individual is malnourished and has probably had plastic bags inserted into her breasts.”
- Made fun of and appropriated the important cultural holiday Cinco de Mayo by creating “Hanko de Mayo”. (Has stopped using the term)
- He then refused to apologize when called out for this (1 | 2 | 3 | 4)
- Supports / defended Laci Green despite countless racist, transphobic, fat-shaming comments. Also used the slur “t****y” while defending her.
- Seems to support that “fat” people can be shamed into losing weight. (allegedly apologized for fat shaming)
- This hipster fat shaming (like hipster racism, but fatshaming) video in which he asks people to continue insulting and degrading him for his weight gain because it motivates him
- Defended Laci Green after she made a video entitled “Islam is Sexist”
- Use of the word “kafir” in An Abundance of Katherines
- Tricked the woman he would later marry into going on a first date with him by inviting a whole group of friends (including her) to see a movie, and then un-inviting all the other people. Why is this problematic? He lured a woman into being alone with him under false pretenses.What if she had felt unsafe around him but agreed to see the movie because she thought a whole bunch of people would be there? It ended up working out, and they eventually got married, but it’s still a troubling behavior. (Has repeatedly acknowledged that this was wrong)
- “What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”
- Quote from his book An Abundance of Katherines: “she was incredibly hot, in that popular-girl-with-bleached-teeth-and-anorexia kind of way, which was Colin’s least favourite way of being hot”
Did Katy Perry just do a "geisha" performance at the American Music Awards? Yes. Complete with “geisha” costume (with slits up to the butt), stunted pseudo-Asian dance/walking, cartoon Kabuki makeup on her backup dancers, lots of fans, people in “Oriental” costumes beating drums, rice paper screens, and blown-up versions of the cheap paper umbrellas you put in your drinks.
Is it racist as fuck? Yes.
Is it the worst thing ever? Also yes.
Did the song have ANYTHING to do with Asian culture? No.
Is she the first pop princess to pull this shit? Absolutely not (for further reference, see Rihanna/Coldplay’s “Princess of China” and Gwen Stefani’s L.A.M.B. phase)
Katy Perry = the ultimate weeaboo
why do the white pop girls still think this shit is okay?!
things is still the same, they wont tell u to your face but; because they think most of us are are stupid and not aware of SYMBOLISM. no surprise to me the “king” james is walking around paid and sleep at the same time.
how can u be the least bit of conscious or aware, and allow the people that pay u millions to turn around and symbolically insult you. you cooning.
wooooooooooow. what the fuck.
white folks and cultural appropriation go together like peanut butter and jelly.
(Image description: football banner being held up which reads, “Hey Indians, get ready to leave in a Trail of Tears Round 2”)
Last night, this sign went up at a McAdory High School football game.
I am absolutely disgusted that this sign was allowed to go up, and that it was not stopped by school administrators, and that after this, no one has mentioned it.
The school and the students have shown no remorse for the sign (as expected) and the students have claimed ignorance and/or that it was just a “joke”.
Sorry, but the Indian Removal Act of 1830 and the death of thousands of Native Americans is not a fucking joke.
WHAT THE FUCK. Signal boost, some people need to get fired for this shit.
DOES THE FUCKERY NEVER END???!
smdh…i know i shouldn’t be surprised by white ppl but this is ridiculous
“EQUALITY” scream the white gays with LEGALIZE GAY blazoned across their chests and “NO BLACKS NO ASIANS NO FEMS” blazoned across their grindr profiles