1. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”
2. “Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love. Like all of life’s important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.”
3. “Love and trust, in the space between what’s said and what’s heard in our life, can make all the difference in the world. ”
4. “The child is in me still and sometimes not so still.”
5. “Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime’s work, but it’s worth the effort.”
6. “Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people.”
7. “I don’t think anyone can grow unless he’s loved exactly as he is now, appreciated for what he is rather than what he will be.”
8. “There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
9. “Feeling good about ourselves is essential in our being able to love others.”
10. “Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.”
11. “Try your best to make goodness attractive. That’s one of the toughest assignments you’ll ever be given.”
12. “The connections we make in the course of a life–maybe that’s what heaven is.”